ESTEEM Scholars can receive financial assistance up to $10,000 per academic year, depending on their individual financial need. Financial need is defined as the institutional cost of attendance minus the estimated family contribution, based on information reported annually on the FAFSA application. The average scholarship amount is $2,500 per academic quarter for UC Santa Barbara students, and $2,500 per semester for CCC students.
Other benefits include:
- personalized tutoring in engineering and related subjects
- 24/7 access to a quiet study area
- peer support network of engineering students
- contact with UC Santa Barbara College of Engineering Professors and staff for academic and career advice, assistance in finding engineering-related internships, and assistance with graduate school and employment applications
- networking with professional engineers